Aug 1, 2017 at 7:00pm – Ages 4-7
Aug 2, 2017 at 7:00pm – Ages 8-10
Aug 8, 2017 at 7:00pm – Ages 11-14
Aug 10, 2017 at 7:00pm – Ages 15-18
Aug 15, 2017 at 7:00pm – Ages 19 and up
Final Show is August 19, 2017 at 7:30pm
- There are 30 slots per age group. Once the slots are taken, there will be no more slots available.
- There is a $25 registration fee
- 5 from each round will move on to the Final Show
3 will be based on audience votes (money brought in)
2 will be based on judges’ picks
- Once you have registered, there are no refunds given.
- You may perform as a soloist, duet, small group, or large group. If you are not a soloist, your age group is determined by the average age of your entire group.
- IN THE CASE OF A GROUP, YOU MUST REGISTER UNDER THE PERSON WHO FITS THE AGE CRITERIA. THEN, IN A MANDATORY QUESTION FOR REGISTRATION, YOU MUST LIST THE NAME AND AGES OF EVERYONE IN YOUR ACT.
- All acts will be given 90 seconds of performance time. You will also have 90 seconds to set up and 90 seconds to take down if needed.
- If we do not have full registration for a particular age group, they will be combined into another division at the discretion of the judges. The cash prizes will give to the winner of the divisions in the finals.
How do you get to the finals?
- Voting is done with dollars. 1 dollar = 1 vote. We will accept cash and credit cards.
The top three dollar winners go onto the finals. 2 will go on to the finals based on the judges picks. THIS IS A FUNDRAISER FOR THE EVERETT INC.
- Cash Prizes will be awarded at the finals
- Division prizes (age groups)—There will be a 1st prize only—$500 for each division and a Trophy
- There will also be one Judges pick—$250
- All seats to the preliminaries and finals have to be reserved for $2. These seats can be reserved HERE No one will be admitted without a ticket.
- Setup and takedown of your act must take no longer than 90 seconds
- If performing with a group, you must take the average of your ages to choose which age category you belong in.
- VOCAL/INSTRUMENTAL BACKUP: Instrumental accompaniment by a person other than the performer is allowed, but is not judged. No participants may have live vocal backup unless they are competing as part of the act. Lead vocals must be removed from the recording. Background vocals are allowed but cannot exceed 50% of the song and there must be adequate time for the judges to hear the contestants’ voice with no “voiceover”. Judges have final say on this ruling.
- All acts must email their accompaniment tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 week prior to your round of competition.
- Tracks must be cut to the 90 second limit.
- If you make it to the finals, you will be required to send a new track with the full length to email@example.com no later than 48 hours prior to the finals.
- Basic tech support such as extension cords will be provided. If you have other technical needs, please ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes the need for more than 1 microphone.
- Routines must be able to be performed in our theatre space: 25’ wide, 20’deep, 12’high.
- Acts MAY NOT include fire, sharp objects, weapons, explosives (pyrotechnics), fogger, hazers, nudity or animals.
- Acts may not include food items or any other items that will require a clean up of the performance area.
- Acts MAY NOT contain material which is sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sale of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing, each as determined by MOT’s Got Talent in its sole discretion.
- Participants under age 18 must be accompanied to any show (if applicable) with a parent or legal guardian.
- All participants must perform sober and illegal drug-free.
- All acts must be family –friendly as shows will be open to all ages
- Only amateur acts will be seen. Acts with professional representation will not be eligible
- All participants must be available to perform at the performance dates listed above. Eligible participants will be notified of their call times closer to the show date.
- No free tickets to any show will be provided for acts, or for their family or friends. PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE*
*Participants agree that The Everett INC may use any image, photograph, voice or likeness, in its promotional materials and publicity efforts without additional compensation. Participants understand that these photographs, images, video or audio may be retouched or enhanced and may further be used in publications, print ads, electronic media (e.g., video, CD-ROM, Internet/WWW), or other media now known or hereafter created, anywhere in the world.) Participants further understand that by participating in the photography or filming, they release The Everett INC. and its representatives, licensees, employees, photographers, and their designees from any and all liability for any violation of any privacy or proprietary rights.
You will receive a copy of this waiver and you will be required to submit a signed copy at the time of your show
Any questions can be sent to email@example.com